We’ve got 24 minutes of tasty art and design tidbits for your delectation in this week’s podcast. Among the things we learn is that Maisie Skidmore used to be in a band called CM7, a tiny burrito proves too much for Liv Siddall and James Cartwright knows the word “aestheticised.” As ever you can listen using the link below or subscribe via iTunes here Remember you can join in too using the discussion thread below.
We started this week looking ahead to the much-anticipated Alexander McQueen show Savage Beauty coming to the V&A in London next year, before discussing the Hyères 2014 photographic shortlist which included the likes of Osma Harvilahti (below). We then looked at Sagmeister & Walsh’s new identity for the Jewish Museum in New York and rounded off trying to make some sense of The Webby Award winners such as the brilliant Between Two Ferns.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!