It’s Nice That’s Studio Audience podcast is back and we’ve changed up a few things to produce what we hope is a new and improved audio offering. Editor Rob Alderson is joined by founder/director Will Hudson and Liv Siddall of the editorial team for 23 minutes of cultural conversation which sounds kind of serious but in all honesty it really isn’t.
Recorded in our east london studio (for that full trucks-going-by-outside effect) our now weekly podcast begins with a look at articles on the site which have caught our eye this week. And in this episode we also cover the new free Time Out, the Turner Prize and Liv says “pube” quite a lot. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you may need:
We looked at our favourite things from the site which were The Andy Rementer/RCA/Espirit project which Will brought, CANADA’s extraordinary love letter to Italy and, er, love for 55DSL and drunken debauchery captured Cardiff style in Maciej Dakowicz’ photographs (and the Sean O’Hagan Observer article about the series).
The Best Thing We Saw This Week
Here’s Tara Palmer Tompkinson’s music video mentioned by Liv and a link to that extraordinary photo of the Romney/Obama stand-ins so you can see the full glory for yourselves.
- Symbols of freedom "and the struggle for it": a look at the Polish School of Posters
- Soft and pastel-hued, Coline Marotta’s paintings draw from our relationship with tech
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Jump Ball celebrates the relationship between basketball and the African diaspora
- Stephen Milner’s new series re-contextualises surfing and porn mags through collage
- How Amanda Bonaiuto’s animation for Chocolate Moon turned into a piece of personal reflection
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- Double Click October is all about the humble portfolio site
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer