French graphic designer and art director Victoire Coyon works on projects across publishing and branding, both commissioned and personal projects. “Graphic design seems to be the most appropriate way to respond to a problem and propose an aesthetic system corresponding to the client’s needs,” explains New York-based Victoire. With a love of typography, Victoire describes her style as strict. “I like to analyse and get to the point, constrain myself to rules and restrictions that I impose and offer minimalist design with no frills,” she explains.
This stripped-back approach is applied to every aspect of Victoire’s work, explaining: “I like to convey the concept of simplicity. The less there is, the stronger it is.” As a result, the designer’s portfolio is full of considered and understated projects that use type and imagery carefully.
Most recently Victoire collaborated with Brooklyn-based designer Adrien Menard on the visual identity of WOT (Work Out Truck), a mobile fitness community, which comes directly to your workplace. “We tried to represent the enegery of this new concept through the logotype, which we then applied to different communication media, such as the stationery, the website and the truck itself,” explains Victoire.
- “What do we want for the future?”: Chloé Wary’s comics are all about female empowerment
- Illustrator Lasse Wandschneider on his abstract and experimental take on the world
- HelloMe celebrates its tenth birthday and reflects on the past decade of design
- Made you look! It's Nice That takes over Coal Drops Yard with Double Take
- Photographer Tommy Keith examines familial life, having been conceived via sperm donation
- “It’s like you’re a doctor in an emergency room. It’s high pressure”: Christoph Niemann on his creative career
- Hit Netflix show Abstract announces the six creatives starring in its second series
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- DixonBaxi launches a new club identity for AC Milan
- Wang Zhi-Hong on his shifting approach of “hiding information” in graphic design
- “We are adamant that our projects pass the test of time”: Principal on its designs for Yoko Ono and Pierre Dorion