French graphic designer and art director Victoire Coyon works on projects across publishing and branding, both commissioned and personal projects. “Graphic design seems to be the most appropriate way to respond to a problem and propose an aesthetic system corresponding to the client’s needs,” explains New York-based Victoire. With a love of typography, Victoire describes her style as strict. “I like to analyse and get to the point, constrain myself to rules and restrictions that I impose and offer minimalist design with no frills,” she explains.
This stripped-back approach is applied to every aspect of Victoire’s work, explaining: “I like to convey the concept of simplicity. The less there is, the stronger it is.” As a result, the designer’s portfolio is full of considered and understated projects that use type and imagery carefully.
Most recently Victoire collaborated with Brooklyn-based designer Adrien Menard on the visual identity of WOT (Work Out Truck), a mobile fitness community, which comes directly to your workplace. “We tried to represent the enegery of this new concept through the logotype, which we then applied to different communication media, such as the stationery, the website and the truck itself,” explains Victoire.
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Astrid Stravo and Jody Hudson-Powell
- Adam Higton and Atelier Bingo collaborate to illustratively visualise the 12 months of the year
- Data journalist Mona Chalabi reviews her 2018 in statistics
- Kim Gehrig's latest advert is an eclectic, inclusive ode to the vulva
- Emulsion is a new magazine offering a holistic view of culture
- What one word best sums up your year? Take part in our Review of the Year Instagram brief
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Multi-faceted designers Studio Bergini hops between projects with a cool, clean elegance