Dazed has released a limited edition cover for their latest issue. Shot by Angelo Pennetta and styled by Robbie Spencer, the cover features arguably London’s most in-demand model Adwoa Aboah dressed in a full Burberry look.
The Burberry-print cap and anorak worn by the 25-year old model came directly from Burberry’s SS18 collection, which was unveiled for the first time at London Fashion Week during the brand’s runway show on Saturday evening at Maker’s House in London — and streamed live to viewers across the world as it happened.
The cap and anorak mark the return of Burberry’s iconic print: at once a nod to the brand’s once ubiquitous presence to terrace culture during the 90s and 00s and an acknowledgement of the momentous rise of streetwear in recent years.
Adwoa is no stranger to magazine front covers: this summer, she fronted i-D magazine’s London Now issue, shot by Tim Walker and in recent months graced the front cover of Vogue and ES magazine.
The Autumn/Winter issue of Dazed is due to go on sale tomorrow.
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London