Dazed has released a limited edition cover for their latest issue. Shot by Angelo Pennetta and styled by Robbie Spencer, the cover features arguably London’s most in-demand model Adwoa Aboah dressed in a full Burberry look.
The Burberry-print cap and anorak worn by the 25-year old model came directly from Burberry’s SS18 collection, which was unveiled for the first time at London Fashion Week during the brand’s runway show on Saturday evening at Maker’s House in London — and streamed live to viewers across the world as it happened.
The cap and anorak mark the return of Burberry’s iconic print: at once a nod to the brand’s once ubiquitous presence to terrace culture during the 90s and 00s and an acknowledgement of the momentous rise of streetwear in recent years.
Adwoa is no stranger to magazine front covers: this summer, she fronted i-D magazine’s London Now issue, shot by Tim Walker and in recent months graced the front cover of Vogue and ES magazine.
The Autumn/Winter issue of Dazed is due to go on sale tomorrow.
- Kyle Platts illustrates the five top tips he’s picked up in 2017
- La La Land or Moonlight: a recap of February 2017
- 2017: the year that protest became a trend?
- Trump’s inauguration and a design census: a look back at January 2017
- Time for type: Camelot on designing a typeface fit for a watch
- Gal-dem takes us through its first print issue, written and created by women of colour
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme