Uber-talented animator Anna Mantzaris has given us at It’s Nice That an early Christmas present in the form of another brilliant and beautiful stop-motion short for Greenpeace.
As you’d expect from an Anna Mantzaris animation, the stop-motion work is jaw-droppingly precise, with more character packed into a minute and a half than some movies manage in two hours.
The Handmade Gift sees Anna turn in an understatedly melancholy 90-second film which examines the effects of air pollution and implores us to consider the fact that around the globe, 5.5 million people die each year as a result of breathing heavily polluted air.
Produced by Passion Animation Studio, The Handmade Gift — which hopes to inspire viewers to think about how we can all work collectively to make the world’s urban spaces breathable — is the second film they’ve made this year for the charity, following on from the Salon Alpin directed There’s a Rang-Tan in My Bedroom which went on to find controversy after being adopted and adapted by British frozen-food specialists Iceland.
- How will pineapple leaves, algae and mushroom cement save the future of our cities?
- “I’m a bit afraid of colours”: Romina Malta on her illustrative approach to design
- Meme supreme: Daniel Keogh's maximalist illustrations are impossible to scroll past
- Painting friends in mid-conversation, Alex Bradley Cohen hides as much as he reveals
- Through 3D scans and animation, Agusta Yr creates a dreamlike world for Moschino and Yang Li
- “Perfectly beautiful things don’t attract me”: Heesun Seo on her nontraditional practice
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"