Belfast bruisers Bicep are one of our favourite DJ duos here at It’s Nice That. Ever since they took us back to the super-sweaty warehouses of mid-90s NYC on early tunes like Vision of Love and Getcha Boi we’ve had a soft spot for the pair.
The spot just got even bigger and even softer, as the Glue producers have revealed themselves to — seemingly at least — be It’s Nice That readers with the announcement that they’re about to launch a series of clothing collaborations with everyone from David Rudnick to Kelly Anna via Osheyi Adebayo, Jiro Bevis, and Timo Kuilder.
All in all, they’ll be overseeing the release of 12 T-shirts — each based on a track from Bicep’s eponymous 2017 LP for London-based label Ninja Tune — with the first of the dozen dropping on 5 April.
It’s Portuguese designers The Royal Studio who’ve been tasked with kicking the series off, and the studio has decided to base its shirt on Orca, a particularly spangly slab of post-rave melancholia. It isn’t the first time they’ve worked together. In fact, the visual aspect of the aforementioned album was overseen by them.
If you’ve got a penchant for T-shirts, a thing for Bicep, or a keen interest in graphic design, you’ll have to move quick as Ninja Tune informs us that, “very limited numbers have been screen printed with no re-ups, once they’re gone, they’re gone.”
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!