Fashion designer Craig Green has unveiled a striking new set of images featuring his AW17 collection. Released via the designer’s Instagram page, the campaign unfolds across five images, each labelled with the name of a colour: Green, Terracotta, Khaki, Grey, Black, referring to each of the five final looks from Craig Green’s AW17 collection.
Shot from above, the images depict a series of people and packages strapped to life-rafts buoyed up on turbulent water, possibly a reference to the ongoing European refugee crisis.
The campaign was shot by Dan Tobin Smith, a photographer who is celebrated for his approach to still life and installation photography who lists among his most recent projects imagery for the Barbican’s Into the Unknown exhibition and an editorial featuring sliced up lipsticks for Beauty Papers. The set design was by David Curtis-Ring, who has previously teamed up with Dan and Craig Green for an equally ambitious GQ Style editorial.
Robbie Spencer (Dazed) was behind the styling, and Ben Kelway Studio was responsible for the campaign’s art direction.
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- Moroccan heritage and western cues collide in photographer Mous Lambrabat’s portfolio
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!