Independent biannual magazine King Kong has released the cover of its fourth issue. Featuring Pamela Anderson and ballet’s “bad boy” Sergei Polunin, The Transformation Issue features a 30-page long editorial from photographer David LaChapelle, who shot the issue’s cover.
The cover features former Royal Ballet dancer Sergei Polunin — wearing nothing but Prada beret — leaping over a prostrate Pamela Anderson, her breasts covered by a gold fan. The shoot features styling by Davey Sutton with set design by Gary Card.
King Kong wrote on Instagram: “David LaChapelle, one of the most influential photographers of our time and our personal favourite, shoots a 30+ page special cover story for issue 4 of King Kong Magazine, featuring the universally recognisable blonde bombshell Pamela Anderson and the greatest male dancer alive Sergei Polunin as they spend an unforgettable weekend together in London.”
It’s not the first time David LaChapelle has worked with the pair. In 2015, LaChapelle shot Sergei Polunin for a film which featured the dancer dressed in body-fitting shorts and ballet shoes leaping around a sun-filled warehouse space soundtracked by Hozier. The video has been viewed 21.3 million times on YouTube. In the same year, David LaChapelle lens Pamela Anderson for the front cover of Flaunt magazine.
- Kim Gehrig's latest commercial for Covergirl combines comic chemistry with cosmetic commentary
- Watch Nicos Livesey explain how he made his embroidered BBC World Cup spot
- Photographer Niall McDiarmid travels from town to town to capture the essence of Britain
- Design studio Varv Varv's well-reasoned practice is an enquiry into "making things public"
- Radical Essex is a publication that aims to uproot the county’s misguided stereotypes
- Petrichor: a short film about snooker and mental health, beautifully packaged by Housework Press
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions