Independent biannual magazine King Kong has released the cover of its fourth issue. Featuring Pamela Anderson and ballet’s “bad boy” Sergei Polunin, The Transformation Issue features a 30-page long editorial from photographer David LaChapelle, who shot the issue’s cover.
The cover features former Royal Ballet dancer Sergei Polunin — wearing nothing but Prada beret — leaping over a prostrate Pamela Anderson, her breasts covered by a gold fan. The shoot features styling by Davey Sutton with set design by Gary Card.
King Kong wrote on Instagram: “David LaChapelle, one of the most influential photographers of our time and our personal favourite, shoots a 30+ page special cover story for issue 4 of King Kong Magazine, featuring the universally recognisable blonde bombshell Pamela Anderson and the greatest male dancer alive Sergei Polunin as they spend an unforgettable weekend together in London.”
It’s not the first time David LaChapelle has worked with the pair. In 2015, LaChapelle shot Sergei Polunin for a film which featured the dancer dressed in body-fitting shorts and ballet shoes leaping around a sun-filled warehouse space soundtracked by Hozier. The video has been viewed 21.3 million times on YouTube. In the same year, David LaChapelle lens Pamela Anderson for the front cover of Flaunt magazine.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum