Independent biannual magazine King Kong has released the cover of its fourth issue. Featuring Pamela Anderson and ballet’s “bad boy” Sergei Polunin, The Transformation Issue features a 30-page long editorial from photographer David LaChapelle, who shot the issue’s cover.
The cover features former Royal Ballet dancer Sergei Polunin — wearing nothing but Prada beret — leaping over a prostrate Pamela Anderson, her breasts covered by a gold fan. The shoot features styling by Davey Sutton with set design by Gary Card.
King Kong wrote on Instagram: “David LaChapelle, one of the most influential photographers of our time and our personal favourite, shoots a 30+ page special cover story for issue 4 of King Kong Magazine, featuring the universally recognisable blonde bombshell Pamela Anderson and the greatest male dancer alive Sergei Polunin as they spend an unforgettable weekend together in London.”
It’s not the first time David LaChapelle has worked with the pair. In 2015, LaChapelle shot Sergei Polunin for a film which featured the dancer dressed in body-fitting shorts and ballet shoes leaping around a sun-filled warehouse space soundtracked by Hozier. The video has been viewed 21.3 million times on YouTube. In the same year, David LaChapelle lens Pamela Anderson for the front cover of Flaunt magazine.
- Kyle Platts illustrates the five top tips he’s picked up in 2017
- La La Land or Moonlight: a recap of February 2017
- 2017: the year that protest became a trend?
- Trump’s inauguration and a design census: a look back at January 2017
- Time for type: Camelot on designing a typeface fit for a watch
- Gal-dem takes us through its first print issue, written and created by women of colour
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme