DesignStudio has created a new identity for the Premier League, aiming to form a “bold and vibrant identity” with a contemporary take on the lion symbol.
“The lion is part of the competition’s heritage,” says DesignStudio “It’s now flexible for digital and broadcast formats.”
It adds: “Our aim was to create an identity that acknowledges everyone who plays a part in one of the most exciting leagues in the world. We’ve created an identity that’s purpose-built for the demands of the modern world, while staying true to the Premier League’s history and heritage.”
The new look will be used from season 2016/17 onwards.
- An angry doughnut faces off with a timid computer technician in Megacomputeur’s latest film
- Exploring the space between humans and computers: Coralie Vogelaar on bin-packing algorithms
- From South Korea, Ghana to Berlin, Alexander Beer captures the people of the world
- Natalie Keyssar captures Guyana on the cusp of dramatic change
- Nizar Kazan’s Lausanne typeface is a product of his analytical design approach
- Your chance to work with María Medem on an illustrated calendar for 2020
- "I felt I saw the world with different eyes": Jaimy Gail on photographing the concept of normalcy
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Fyre Festival’s digital designer Tokyo tells its story, two years on
- Ikea unveils its latest toy creatures based on kids drawings
- Fed & Watered is a new studio with a specific output: all things food, drink and hospitality