Alix Browne, the founding editor of V Magazine, has been named Helmut Lang’s new editor-in-residence.
Succeeding Dazed’s Isabella Burley who was made Helmut Lang’s inaugural editor-in-residence in March 2017, Alix will take on the revolving editor-in-residence role which replaces the brand’s permanent creative director role. Alix was previously features director at W Magazine and deputy style editor of T: The New York Times Style Magazine.
“I grew up with [Helmut Lang] and in that regard, I guess you could say that I offer a historical perspective,” Alix Browne says. “Beyond that, I believe in the brand’s continuing relevance and its importance to fashion.”
“If you look around at the fashion landscape today, the influence of Helmut Lang, his relevance, has probably never been greater and it’s evident in the way fashion is designed, presented, and communicated.”
Last year, Isabella Burley asked Shayne Oliver, designer at Hood by Air to temporarily take the helm as Helmut Lang’s first guest designer across menswear, womenswear and accessories, showing at New York Fashion Week last September. Helmut Lang’ second guest designer will be announced next month.
- Lee Kan Kyo’s practice involves taking a selfie a day and a loyalty card club
- Office supplies sweat, struggle and stress in Philotheus Nisch’s recent series for Die Epilog
- It’s been another busy year of cultural design projects for Badesaison
- Kengo Kuma tells us why we need “a new period of natural design”
- The essentials of handling your finances as a graduate, junior or freelance creative
- Painter Nick McPhail uses Renaissance techniques to make his architectural landscapes “glow”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!