It’s Nice That is now hiring for two exciting editorial positions: news editor (maternity cover) and editorial assistant (three-month paid placement). Read on to find out more and apply.
News editor (maternity cover)
It’s Nice That is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate news editor to lead our editorial team, projects and commercial opportunities. As a key role in engaging our online audience of over half a million readers a month and social reach of over a million, this is a rare opportunity to develop one of the most respected creative platforms around.
The news editor will manage the news arm of It’s Nice That, managing the editorial output of this section of the website, implementing and leading the news strategy tailored to our audience and help grow the readership.The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership of similar editorial teams working across both in-house publishing projects and commercial partnerships. They will enjoy working in a creative environment, clearly communicating, prioritising and delegating tasks.
This role is being offered to cover maternity leave beginning July 2018 for the initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
Editorial assistant (three-month paid placement)
It’s Nice That has an opening for an editorial assistant to work across our publishing platforms on a three-month, fixed term contract. We are looking for someone enthusiastic, proactive, professional and passionate about art and design. We need someone who can write to deadline with flair and personality, who understands the It’s Nice That brand and enjoys the challenge of keeping several plates spinning at the same time. This is a paid position (London Living Wage).
The successful applicant will work with the team, across editorial and social media, to deliver inspiring news and stories from across a wide range of creative disciplines.
Also, over on our sister platform Lecture in Progress, there is an opportunity for a marketing and project manager.
Lecture in Progress: Marketing and Project manager
Lecture in Progress is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate marketing and project manager to lead a variety of projects including student and professional membership, member offers and promotions and the bi-annual newspaper. Being a small company the hybrid role incorporates both marketing and project management responsibilities and is ideal for someone keen to learn. The role also involves overseeing If You Could Jobs.
The ideal candidate will be well organised with an ability to manage and prioritise tasks. Have very good written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail. We’re keen to bring someone in who feels comfortable working collaboratively, bringing ideas, is naturally proactive and keen to develop.
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- Forget Hollywood, Stefanie Tam’s books showcase the real Los Angeles
- Photographer Ronan Mckenzie on the details that go into curating your own exhibition
- Illustrator José Ja Ja Ja is “fascinated with the possibilities of the medium”
- Berlin-based design studio Arc on contrasting typefaces and demanding fair pay
- Regular Practice's Bookshelf helps inform its microscopic attention to type and print
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice