Actress and artist Jemima Kirke has directed the video for Australian musician Alex Cameron’s new single, Strangers Kiss, a duet with Angel Olsen.
The enviously talented Jemima has starred in two music videos recently, Mick Jagger’s Gotta Get a Grip and her sister, Lola Kirke’s, recent single, Not Used. However Strangers Kiss sees the creative both behind and in front of the camera, starring in, writing and directing the music video.
The video is spellbinding to watch, beginning with Jemima dressing up in Alex Cameron’s signature look and heading out to find him, replicating his dance moves along the way. Speaking to The Fader, Alex explains: “The video Jemima wrote and directed brings the tenderness of love within the song to the surface — two people obsessed with who they want to be.” As the video plays out, Jemima finds Cameron is a subway station and ecstatically joins him in a romantic ending. “The two give each other what they always wanted and needed,” says Alex. “And that is a type of strange love.”
Despite being mostly known for her role as Jessa Johnson in Lena Dunham’s Girls, Jemima has always identified as an artist, graduating with a BA in Fine Arts from the prestigious Rhode Island School of Design in 2011.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity