Actress and artist Jemima Kirke has directed the video for Australian musician Alex Cameron’s new single, Strangers Kiss, a duet with Angel Olsen.
The enviously talented Jemima has starred in two music videos recently, Mick Jagger’s Gotta Get a Grip and her sister, Lola Kirke’s, recent single, Not Used. However Strangers Kiss sees the creative both behind and in front of the camera, starring in, writing and directing the music video.
The video is spellbinding to watch, beginning with Jemima dressing up in Alex Cameron’s signature look and heading out to find him, replicating his dance moves along the way. Speaking to The Fader, Alex explains: “The video Jemima wrote and directed brings the tenderness of love within the song to the surface — two people obsessed with who they want to be.” As the video plays out, Jemima finds Cameron is a subway station and ecstatically joins him in a romantic ending. “The two give each other what they always wanted and needed,” says Alex. “And that is a type of strange love.”
Despite being mostly known for her role as Jessa Johnson in Lena Dunham’s Girls, Jemima has always identified as an artist, graduating with a BA in Fine Arts from the prestigious Rhode Island School of Design in 2011.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum