The sought-after German photographer, Juergen Teller, has shot Palace’s SS18 campaign, which features Blondey McCoy, Lucien Clark and the photographer himself surrounded by… ceramic plates. The British skatewear brand launched in 2010 and has been spotted on celebrities like Asap Rocky, Jay-Z and Rihanna. It is known for its unusual, clever campaigns.
Juergen Teller, who has collaborated with the likes of Helmut Lang, Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood, is notable for his unconventional photographs. Palace’s SS18 lookbook depicts models stepping on, standing alongside or holding up white dinner plates. One image of the photographer, shows him wearing a white jacket and bright green shorts as he perches on a stack of ceramic plates.
The photographer’s surname, Teller, translates as plate from German and has inspired him to incorporate plates into a great deal of his work. An exhibition of the artist’s work named Enjoy Your Life!, which took place in Berlin last year, featured an image of the photographer carrying a large stack of plates.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice