The sought-after German photographer, Juergen Teller, has shot Palace’s SS18 campaign, which features Blondey McCoy, Lucien Clark and the photographer himself surrounded by… ceramic plates. The British skatewear brand launched in 2010 and has been spotted on celebrities like Asap Rocky, Jay-Z and Rihanna. It is known for its unusual, clever campaigns.
Juergen Teller, who has collaborated with the likes of Helmut Lang, Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood, is notable for his unconventional photographs. Palace’s SS18 lookbook depicts models stepping on, standing alongside or holding up white dinner plates. One image of the photographer, shows him wearing a white jacket and bright green shorts as he perches on a stack of ceramic plates.
The photographer’s surname, Teller, translates as plate from German and has inspired him to incorporate plates into a great deal of his work. An exhibition of the artist’s work named Enjoy Your Life!, which took place in Berlin last year, featured an image of the photographer carrying a large stack of plates.
- Artist Danny Fox on his new book, A Cut Above The Eye
- Unit Editions’ study of Letraset takes on a new form in this Sheffield exhibition
- Thomas Traum directs Kenzo’s latest video set in a Rousseau-inspired haven
- Artist Yuko Mohri creates improvised ecosystems through found objects
- The Red Road Project is a celebration of Native American cultures
- Myth-busting: Split's Oli Bentley on interrogating northern identity through typography
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Banksy's million pound painting shreds itself, wider world shrugs
- Welcome to World Mental Health Day 2018 on It's Nice That
- The internet responds to Banksy’s self-destructive act of art