The sought-after German photographer, Juergen Teller, has shot Palace’s SS18 campaign, which features Blondey McCoy, Lucien Clark and the photographer himself surrounded by… ceramic plates. The British skatewear brand launched in 2010 and has been spotted on celebrities like Asap Rocky, Jay-Z and Rihanna. It is known for its unusual, clever campaigns.
Juergen Teller, who has collaborated with the likes of Helmut Lang, Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood, is notable for his unconventional photographs. Palace’s SS18 lookbook depicts models stepping on, standing alongside or holding up white dinner plates. One image of the photographer, shows him wearing a white jacket and bright green shorts as he perches on a stack of ceramic plates.
The photographer’s surname, Teller, translates as plate from German and has inspired him to incorporate plates into a great deal of his work. An exhibition of the artist’s work named Enjoy Your Life!, which took place in Berlin last year, featured an image of the photographer carrying a large stack of plates.
- “I’ve landed on my planet now”: Sebaldo on refining his bonkers animated characters
- Syncope by Virgile Flores explores the duality between graphic design and music
- Louise Daneels makes playful, ceramic illustrations of everyday objects
- Maroesjka Lavigne’s debut monograph captures unforgettable landscapes and their inhabitants
- Painter Igor Moritz's vivid paintings express the colours of inner life
- Meet Take Care, a magazine tackling the UK’s housing crisis
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth