The sought-after German photographer, Juergen Teller, has shot Palace’s SS18 campaign, which features Blondey McCoy, Lucien Clark and the photographer himself surrounded by… ceramic plates. The British skatewear brand launched in 2010 and has been spotted on celebrities like Asap Rocky, Jay-Z and Rihanna. It is known for its unusual, clever campaigns.
Juergen Teller, who has collaborated with the likes of Helmut Lang, Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood, is notable for his unconventional photographs. Palace’s SS18 lookbook depicts models stepping on, standing alongside or holding up white dinner plates. One image of the photographer, shows him wearing a white jacket and bright green shorts as he perches on a stack of ceramic plates.
The photographer’s surname, Teller, translates as plate from German and has inspired him to incorporate plates into a great deal of his work. An exhibition of the artist’s work named Enjoy Your Life!, which took place in Berlin last year, featured an image of the photographer carrying a large stack of plates.
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- The Line King: A profile of Al Hirschfeld, on the prolific characterist’s 115th birthday
- Ditto publish 100 Club Stories in celebration of the iconic London venue
- Adobe Stock identifies 'multilocalism' as the next trend to shape visual culture
- “I want my work to function like a good book": illustrator Charlotte Ager
- "Even if you cover a shit in glitter it’s still a shit": top creatives show us their CVs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts