The sought-after German photographer, Juergen Teller, has shot Palace’s SS18 campaign, which features Blondey McCoy, Lucien Clark and the photographer himself surrounded by… ceramic plates. The British skatewear brand launched in 2010 and has been spotted on celebrities like Asap Rocky, Jay-Z and Rihanna. It is known for its unusual, clever campaigns.
Juergen Teller, who has collaborated with the likes of Helmut Lang, Yves Saint Laurent, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood, is notable for his unconventional photographs. Palace’s SS18 lookbook depicts models stepping on, standing alongside or holding up white dinner plates. One image of the photographer, shows him wearing a white jacket and bright green shorts as he perches on a stack of ceramic plates.
The photographer’s surname, Teller, translates as plate from German and has inspired him to incorporate plates into a great deal of his work. An exhibition of the artist’s work named Enjoy Your Life!, which took place in Berlin last year, featured an image of the photographer carrying a large stack of plates.
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London