Karan Singh has worked with the Berlin-based creative agency, The Adventures Of, on the campaign of Asics’ anticipated Onitsuka Tiger debut of the Mexico 66SD trainers. Karan, who has been featured on It’s Nice That in the past, has applied his eye-catching, pattern-packed illustration style to the new campaign by Halal, which includes a film directed by Juriaan Booij and photography by Olya Oleinic. Comprised of many colour waves, Karan drew inspiration from the American graphic designer Lance Wyman’s work on the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games.
Gustavo Vieira-Dias, creative director of The Adventures Of, states: “Created by Lance Wyman, the Mexico 68 had one of the most iconic visual identities for the games ever. Using it as a starting point, our task was to create a contemporary interpretation of its bold lines, colours and patterns whilst remaining authentic to the aesthetics of the Onitsuka Tiger brand.” Karan Singh’s striking designs reinvent the Mexico Games’ visual identity, adapting it for a more contemporary aesthetic. The campaign’s photographs see Karan’s graphics interact with the surrounding set in a dynamic and vibrant way that brings the Mexico 66SD trainers to life.
- Palestine Underground shines a light on the West Bank’s underground music scene
- “How does an identity express itself in 3D?”: Common Name on design for environments
- Courtney Barnett discusses her love for illustrators, animators and her own creativity too
- Studio Dumbar on how it encourages its team to find their voices as designers
- Sophie Green's latest project ventures into Kent's unlikely cowboy country
- Chow and Lin documents the world’s inequality of wealth using Google Earth
- This is an article about Wieden+Kennedy’s clever ad campaign - No B.S
- The Saul Bass Archive looks back on the trailblazer’s rare poster design
- XXL Studio is an iconic Chinese graphic design studio producing exceptional book design
- Superimpose creates "hyper-local" campaign for Adidas Original and TFL collaboration
- Iceland’s Christmas advert banned from broadcast for being too political
- Studio Weave redesigns the colour scheme and signage of housing associations in Hackney