Karan Singh has worked with the Berlin-based creative agency, The Adventures Of, on the campaign of Asics’ anticipated Onitsuka Tiger debut of the Mexico 66SD trainers. Karan, who has been featured on It’s Nice That in the past, has applied his eye-catching, pattern-packed illustration style to the new campaign by Halal, which includes a film directed by Juriaan Booij and photography by Olya Oleinic. Comprised of many colour waves, Karan drew inspiration from the American graphic designer Lance Wyman’s work on the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games.
Gustavo Vieira-Dias, creative director of The Adventures Of, states: “Created by Lance Wyman, the Mexico 68 had one of the most iconic visual identities for the games ever. Using it as a starting point, our task was to create a contemporary interpretation of its bold lines, colours and patterns whilst remaining authentic to the aesthetics of the Onitsuka Tiger brand.” Karan Singh’s striking designs reinvent the Mexico Games’ visual identity, adapting it for a more contemporary aesthetic. The campaign’s photographs see Karan’s graphics interact with the surrounding set in a dynamic and vibrant way that brings the Mexico 66SD trainers to life.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity