Newcastle alt-pop band Maximo Park have released a new video for their single, Get High (No, I Don’t).
The video is by directorial duo James & James and stars artistic director of Southpaw Dance Company, Robby Graham. “The idea for Get High (No, I Don’t) had been bubbling under the surface for a while,” says the duo. “We’d talked a bunch about theatrical lighting and some kind of dogma style set shoot for a while, too.”
The video sees Robby repeatedly perform a dance that plays out a day-to-day routine, gradually getting more aggravated, before he can fall back into bed again. “When this track landed the rest of the creative quickly clicked. It took about 30 minutes from hearing Get High to having worked up the simple creative of a person rebelling against the structures of society – all choreographed.” James & James has also shared a collection of behind the scenes photographs of the video shoot with It’s Nice That.
The video follows Maximo Park’s previous single, Risk to Existwhere all proceeds from the sale were donated to Migrant Offshore Aid Station. Their politically charged album of the same name will be released 21 April.
- Rosie Matheson’s series, Boys, explores the nuanced nature of modern masculinity
- Heavyweight Foundry on its pragmatic yet inventive approach to typography
- Illustrator Tim Lahan’s latest zine is an “ode to being self-destructive”
- Photographer Nick Ballon's series is a portrait of Bolivia’s second largest city and its people
- Photographer Olivier Degorce's new book lets you snoop in strangers' fridges
- Clean it, beach: Reto Schmid's new fashion series shines light on the plastic waste problem
- Custom Typefaces: are they worth the hype?
- Designer Marc Armand on graphically interpreting the French football team’s kit ahead of the World Cup
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Iconic film poster designer and illustrator Bill Gold has died aged 97
- "Football's Bayeux Tapestry": behind the scenes of the embroidered BBC World Cup trailer animation
- Matt Groening reveals characters from new animated series Disenchantment (well, partially…)