Newcastle alt-pop band Maximo Park have released a new video for their single, Get High (No, I Don’t).
The video is by directorial duo James & James and stars artistic director of Southpaw Dance Company, Robby Graham. “The idea for Get High (No, I Don’t) had been bubbling under the surface for a while,” says the duo. “We’d talked a bunch about theatrical lighting and some kind of dogma style set shoot for a while, too.”
The video sees Robby repeatedly perform a dance that plays out a day-to-day routine, gradually getting more aggravated, before he can fall back into bed again. “When this track landed the rest of the creative quickly clicked. It took about 30 minutes from hearing Get High to having worked up the simple creative of a person rebelling against the structures of society – all choreographed.” James & James has also shared a collection of behind the scenes photographs of the video shoot with It’s Nice That.
The video follows Maximo Park’s previous single, Risk to Existwhere all proceeds from the sale were donated to Migrant Offshore Aid Station. Their politically charged album of the same name will be released 21 April.
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio