French illustration and animation duo, Mrzyk & Moriceau, have paired up with another iconic French duo, Xavier de Rosnay and Gaspard Augé otherwise known as Justice, to create the Paris-based band’s latest video, Stop.
Mrzyk & Moriceau’s back catalogue of music videos is a compilation of hits, creating work for Air, Sébastien Tellier and The Avalanches. However, the duo’s short for Stop sees them explore a new territory of animation, moving away from its usual line work inked in black, often filled with either a psychedelically bright colour palette or kept monochrome. Stop instead appears more like a light show at a concert than a music video. Constantly on a darkened background, each of Mrzyk & Moriceau’s drawings is an ever-evolving neon light. Morphing colour and shape into alternate objects the video is seamlessly animated, even its ability to change an object into typography before moving into a different entity entirely.
Released today (8 May) Mrzyk & Moriceau’s animated short for Justice’s new song will be streamed as part of a live performance at the Google I/O conference tomorrow in California. The performance can be watched here.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”