French illustration and animation duo, Mrzyk & Moriceau, have paired up with another iconic French duo, Xavier de Rosnay and Gaspard Augé otherwise known as Justice, to create the Paris-based band’s latest video, Stop.
Mrzyk & Moriceau’s back catalogue of music videos is a compilation of hits, creating work for Air, Sébastien Tellier and The Avalanches. However, the duo’s short for Stop sees them explore a new territory of animation, moving away from its usual line work inked in black, often filled with either a psychedelically bright colour palette or kept monochrome. Stop instead appears more like a light show at a concert than a music video. Constantly on a darkened background, each of Mrzyk & Moriceau’s drawings is an ever-evolving neon light. Morphing colour and shape into alternate objects the video is seamlessly animated, even its ability to change an object into typography before moving into a different entity entirely.
Released today (8 May) Mrzyk & Moriceau’s animated short for Justice’s new song will be streamed as part of a live performance at the Google I/O conference tomorrow in California. The performance can be watched here.
- Greg Barth directs Easy Life’s new music video about nightmares
- Playlab Inc. says it doesn't “want to do the same thing twice” in its practice
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul's latest project is "like Baudelaire in the age of McDonalds"
- Palestine Underground shines a light on the West Bank’s underground music scene
- “How does an identity express itself in 3D?”: Common Name on design for environments
- Courtney Barnett discusses her love for illustrators, animators and her own creativity too
- This is an article about Wieden+Kennedy’s clever ad campaign - No B.S
- The Saul Bass Archive looks back on the trailblazer’s rare poster design
- XXL Studio is an iconic Chinese graphic design studio producing exceptional book design
- Superimpose creates "hyper-local" campaign for Adidas Original and TFL collaboration
- Iceland’s Christmas advert banned from broadcast for being too political
- Studio Weave redesigns the colour scheme and signage of housing associations in Hackney