MSQ Partners has announced the launch of a campaign for The Electoral Commission targeting unregistered UK voters.
The campaign, rolled out across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, digital display, radio, VoD and outdoor has been designed to promote awareness around registration for new voters, or voters who have recently moved house, in advance of May’s 2018 UK local elections. Using “Got 5?” as it’s tagline, MSQ Partners’ campaign aligns voter registration as a quick and easy task which be slotted into those times when people have little to do — like waiting for the bus or while running a bath.
Photographer Nick Meek was commissioned by MSQ Partners’ creative agency The Gate to create Got 5?’s stills, VOD and TV campaign.
Craig Westwood, director of communications and research at the Electoral Commission, commented: “It is vital for our democracy that every eligible voter finds it easy to participate in elections. Got 5? is based on many years’ research into voter registration, and will demystify the registration process for first timers, while providing a handy reminder for people who need to re-register because they have recently moved.”
Executive creative director of MSQ Partners, Beri Cheetham, added: "People don’t need to be reminded that it’s important to register to vote. What they need is the reassurance that it’s a quick and easy task. By telling people they can register to vote in the time it takes to run a bath, highlights the fact it can be can be done in a spare five minutes.”
- Department of New Realities' AR-assisted Moncler book is a technological triumph
- Tish Murtha's Elswick Kids portrays "the joy and freedom of childhood"
- The ninth Asian Pacific Triennial’s features an undoubtedly impressive roster
- Lily Rose Thomas' film Girls Who Drink explores three complicated relationships with alcohol
- Broken Bonds explores how pictures can document a different approach to history
- Talk: a magazine reimagining debates surrounding commercial art
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Massive Attack just announced that they've remastered a classic album into...a spray can
- It looks like Banksy intended to shred the whole of Girl with Balloon
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Andrés Rosa approaches design by rejecting logic and embracing Dadaist thinking
- A new film uses the Barbican estate at sunset to appreciate the beauty of Brutalism