MSQ Partners has announced the launch of a campaign for The Electoral Commission targeting unregistered UK voters.
The campaign, rolled out across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, digital display, radio, VoD and outdoor has been designed to promote awareness around registration for new voters, or voters who have recently moved house, in advance of May’s 2018 UK local elections. Using “Got 5?” as it’s tagline, MSQ Partners’ campaign aligns voter registration as a quick and easy task which be slotted into those times when people have little to do — like waiting for the bus or while running a bath.
Photographer Nick Meek was commissioned by MSQ Partners’ creative agency The Gate to create Got 5?’s stills, VOD and TV campaign.
Craig Westwood, director of communications and research at the Electoral Commission, commented: “It is vital for our democracy that every eligible voter finds it easy to participate in elections. Got 5? is based on many years’ research into voter registration, and will demystify the registration process for first timers, while providing a handy reminder for people who need to re-register because they have recently moved.”
Executive creative director of MSQ Partners, Beri Cheetham, added: "People don’t need to be reminded that it’s important to register to vote. What they need is the reassurance that it’s a quick and easy task. By telling people they can register to vote in the time it takes to run a bath, highlights the fact it can be can be done in a spare five minutes.”
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice