MSQ Partners has announced the launch of a campaign for The Electoral Commission targeting unregistered UK voters.
The campaign, rolled out across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, digital display, radio, VoD and outdoor has been designed to promote awareness around registration for new voters, or voters who have recently moved house, in advance of May’s 2018 UK local elections. Using “Got 5?” as it’s tagline, MSQ Partners’ campaign aligns voter registration as a quick and easy task which be slotted into those times when people have little to do — like waiting for the bus or while running a bath.
Photographer Nick Meek was commissioned by MSQ Partners’ creative agency The Gate to create Got 5?’s stills, VOD and TV campaign.
Craig Westwood, director of communications and research at the Electoral Commission, commented: “It is vital for our democracy that every eligible voter finds it easy to participate in elections. Got 5? is based on many years’ research into voter registration, and will demystify the registration process for first timers, while providing a handy reminder for people who need to re-register because they have recently moved.”
Executive creative director of MSQ Partners, Beri Cheetham, added: "People don’t need to be reminded that it’s important to register to vote. What they need is the reassurance that it’s a quick and easy task. By telling people they can register to vote in the time it takes to run a bath, highlights the fact it can be can be done in a spare five minutes.”
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!