Some of It’s Nice That’s favourite illustrators including Jean Jullien and Stefan Marx have banded together for a new exhibition Sigh. Hosted at The Lodge Gallery, LA, artists will come together in discontent around the theme “sighing”. The gallery says: “Gathered here under our current air of malaise is a group of artists from near and far. Current mood: not content. Take your brain, it’s time to go. Sigh … is our collective sigh of the times.”
The artists included in the East Hollywood show are Kevin Christy, Brian DeGraw, Cheryl Dunn, Kate Grutman, Jean Jullien, Ana Kraš, Alice Lancaster, William Lemon III, William Loveless, Stefan Marx, Andrew Neuhues, Galen Pehrson, Vanessa Prager, Yogi Proctor, Eddie Ruscha, Nathaniel Russell, Alia Shawkat, Robbie Simon, Todd St. John and Autumn de Wilde.
The group exhibition is curated by LA-based multi-disciplinary creative illustrator, designer, photographer, filmmaker and self-confessed “chronic sigher” Andrew Neuhues. It will open on 1 April at The Lodge Gallery, LA, where it will run until 6 May.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum