Rick Owens has revealed a series of black and white images, shot by Paul Kooiker as part of a new 16-page zine. The images are taken from a Birkenstock collaboration seen back in April of this year, all shot from the waist down. Now, the images of sprawling limbs, peeking toes and delicately posed feet will be collected via a zine that will be given out with Birkenstock purchases at selected stores.
Reports from the shoot say that models had their feet massaged with Birkenstock’s moisturising lotion and, posing against torn-paper backdrops, were invited to be part of the project. Speaking on Kooiker’s work Owens told Dazed & Confused that he "captures a slightly depraved elegance that I have always aimed for. He has a signature that he just keeps refreshing”.
The limited edition zine will be given with any Birkenstock x Rick Owens purchase at selected Rick Owens stores.
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Cover Stories: Veronica Ditting on the covers that left a lasting impression on her work
- Alix Marie’s photographic sculptures celebrate bodily experiences
- Nadine Redlich’s new book illustrates the moment you realise you actually hate your partner
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist
- Christopher Golden creates colourful digital environments that utilise visual abnormalities
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments