Calvin Klein has released its latest #MyCalvins campaign, curated by Solange and photographed by Willy Vanderperre. It’s the first outing for the brand’s Our Family. #MyCalvins campaign series, and in line with its theme of unity, Calvin Klein invited the singer to choose her own cast. This “chosen musical family” consists of singer Kelela, Blood Orange’s Dev Hynes, musician and songwriter Caroline Polachek and musician Adam Bainbridge, aka Kindness. The campaign images show the five artists in underwear and denim apparel inside a wooden barn.
“The evolved #MyCalvins concept has family at its centre,” says the fashion brand, “a display of unity between strong individuals, further emphasised by the symbolism of the traditional American quilt," the release reads.
Calvin Klein also tweeted that Solange “is about clarity of expression” calling her “the head of her musical family”.
With Raf Simons at the helm of the brand, the campaign appears to be going in an ever stronger direction. Solange shared the images on Instagram, thanking Raf and the brand for “this moment of celebrating my musical family, and for capturing us so authentically us”.
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice