Calvin Klein has released its latest #MyCalvins campaign, curated by Solange and photographed by Willy Vanderperre. It’s the first outing for the brand’s Our Family. #MyCalvins campaign series, and in line with its theme of unity, Calvin Klein invited the singer to choose her own cast. This “chosen musical family” consists of singer Kelela, Blood Orange’s Dev Hynes, musician and songwriter Caroline Polachek and musician Adam Bainbridge, aka Kindness. The campaign images show the five artists in underwear and denim apparel inside a wooden barn.
“The evolved #MyCalvins concept has family at its centre,” says the fashion brand, “a display of unity between strong individuals, further emphasised by the symbolism of the traditional American quilt," the release reads.
Calvin Klein also tweeted that Solange “is about clarity of expression” calling her “the head of her musical family”.
With Raf Simons at the helm of the brand, the campaign appears to be going in an ever stronger direction. Solange shared the images on Instagram, thanking Raf and the brand for “this moment of celebrating my musical family, and for capturing us so authentically us”.
- Greg Lin Jiajie captures stories from his “favourite place”, his hometown of Fujian
- Grotesque and playful, Tres Tipos Gráficos’ latest project is filled with personality
- Luca Mastroianni on his journey from Instagram selfies to the new Gentle Monster campaign
- Graphic designer Jacob Pardoe on collaborating with a neural network and the surprises it produces
- Call for Collaboration: Mahaneela is looking for a mixed media creative to visualise modern love
- Annu Kilpeläinen’s zine Rally 2U promises cars, sun and speed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!