The 2016 QS World University Rankings have named London’s Royal College of Art and the world’s best university for art and design, with the capital’s University of the Arts London taking fifth place.
This is the second year running that the RCA has scooped the top spot in the list.
The full list is as follows:
1.Royal College of Art (London)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Massachusetts)
3. Rhode Island School of Design (Rhode Island)
4.Parsons School of Design (New York)
5. University of the Arts London (London)
6. Pratt Institute (New York)
7. School of the Art Insititute Chicago (Chicago) Joint
8. Stanford University (California)/Yale University (Connecticut)
10. Politecnico di Milano (Milan)
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity