Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- The Adobe MAX Creativity Tour shed light on how to creatively empower ourselves
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Abang’s illustrations of 15 women aim to reveal her true self
- Sepia-infused and cinematic, Sam Nixon turns his lens on the stories of the world
- Here are our most inspiring, moving, honest, funny, memorable moments from Nicer Tuesdays 2019
- Somnath Bhatt compiles a series of charming pixelated drawings for his new book, Ode
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"