Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories