Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled