Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- Caterina Bianchini on her three processes when designing posters
- Friday Mixtape: illustrator pals Jan Buchczik and Timo Lenzen on their studio tunes
- B.A.M's new identity for White Cube is an “evolution rather than a revolution”
- Mosh Pit Simulator, perhaps the craziest VR game yet, launches later this month
- Fantastic Man releases What Men Wear, an anthology of male dressing in the 21st Century
- Interior Lives documents the unassimilated lives of the largest Chinese population outside of Asia
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice