Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- Podcast company Gimlet’s new identity by GrandArmy is designed not to be too “slick”
- Utopia and dystopia collide in Bysanz Baisen Zhou’s other-worldly creations
- Who are the people with the power to design the system we live in? Digital artist Peter Burr investigates
- Design studio de_form on its exhibition identity for Erik Kessels’ latest show
- Traditional fashion photography, fine art and 3D renders combine in Olya Oleinic's portfolio
- Cabeza Patata on finding the right way to represent the diversity of the world around us
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- A logo costs $1200 in 2019, according to Folyo’s graphic design pricing list
- Juuso Westerlund’s tender photographs of his sons capture the essence of childhood