Split between New York and London, Department International are the kind of design team the internet was invented for. Bobby Singh and Brian Okarski are a pair of freelance designers who’ve worked for the likes of Nike, Wieden+Kennedy and BMW in their personal commercial practices, but together make wilfully experimental work that blurs graphic design, web art, photography and fashion into one seriously weird but beautifully striking hybrid.
Their Tumblr in particular is packed with proposals for posters, redesigns of men’s magazines and naturally (this is Tumblr after all) no small amount of nudity. More please gentlemen, we love what you’re doing!
- Daniel Britt’s hilariously surreal animations makes the nonsensical appear logical
- Ben Cullen Williams on investigating how a computer would dance
- From The New York Times to a comic on sex, illustrator Kati Szilágyi discusses her recent work
- Alan Warburton explores CGI production, toxic masculinity and vision through his hybrid practice
- “Animation is now a must for posters”: Sunny Studio on design for the digital age
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer
- Alan Titchmarsh stars in new campaign for Adidas’ Gardening Club collection
- Banksy opens his own store, Gross Domestic Product, in wake of legal dispute
- Moonlight, Ex Machina and The Witch go to print in three books designed by Actual Source
- Sometimes Always’ identity for São Paulo bar Caracol has over 10 billion compositions
- Basile Fournier speculates on how technology will affect the role of the future designer