Few things fundamentally change the way the creative world works, which makes the rise and rise of crowdfunding site Kickstarter all the more remarkable. Now five years in, it’s one of those brands that’s become a verb and “to Kickstarter” is an increasingly common way of launching a project.
To celebrate its impact on the creative world, It’s Nice That is hosting an evening celebrating three of our favourite projects that have come to fruition via Kickstarter. Young designer Sam Barclay will be talking about his book; an innovative take on being dyslexic, conveying to readers the physical sensation of the condition, while Kelly Angood will reflect on the enormous success of her DIY Pinhole camera kit which more than doubled its £18,000 target. We’ll also be joined by photographer Luke Stephenson, whose book celebrating the iconic 99 ice cream smashed its target earlier this year.
They’ll be talking about how and why they made their projects happen through Kickstarter and there’ll be an audience Q&A as well.
The event takes place at Mother London on Wednesday 15 October, from 7pm to 9:30pm. Tickets are just £5 and you can book them via the Eventbrite page.
- Join It’s Nice That and Adobe XD for an evening of discussion on digital design
- In her latest series, Lauren Harris captures moments of violence and tenderness in the boxing ring
- Bold and borderless, Ji Soo Eom’s designs echo the multiverse
- Max Siedentopf's new series injects some excitement back into the humble passport photo
- Graphic designer David Rindlisbacher disrupts his typography-heavy designs with technology
- Joe Melhuish’s zany creations are populated by “joyful characters with manic, chaotic auras”
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals