Did you watch it Saturday night? The Big Fight? The Fight of the Century no less? Personally, I didn’t; it was very expensive and a man in the pub persuaded me that watching people take punches to the head was morally wrong. But however you feel about the fight itself it’s impossible to deny the thrill of an event that’s captured imaginations worldwide.
The most enjoyable bit of footage I’ve watched has come from the Pacquiao camp, with sponsors Nike following his exhaustive training regime. Like a good Rocky montage Manny runs, jumps, skips, sparrs and executes a mind-blowing number of sit-ups, and still manages to find time to sign autographs for his fans. Sure he lost, but what a dude!
- Josephin Ritschel presents architecture and its surroundings as a stage for storytelling
- Gender, sexuality and male identity as seen through the lens of Jorge Perez Ortiz
- Gab Bois transforms things we’ve seen a thousand times into something spectacular
- Aysha Tengiz on her joyous, colourful and slightly depressing illustrated scenes
- Satellite photography, drawing tools and interactive logotypes feature in Double Click September
- Lego reveals first brand campaign in 30 years, Rebuild the World
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!