Did you watch it Saturday night? The Big Fight? The Fight of the Century no less? Personally, I didn’t; it was very expensive and a man in the pub persuaded me that watching people take punches to the head was morally wrong. But however you feel about the fight itself it’s impossible to deny the thrill of an event that’s captured imaginations worldwide.
The most enjoyable bit of footage I’ve watched has come from the Pacquiao camp, with sponsors Nike following his exhaustive training regime. Like a good Rocky montage Manny runs, jumps, skips, sparrs and executes a mind-blowing number of sit-ups, and still manages to find time to sign autographs for his fans. Sure he lost, but what a dude!
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories