Did you watch it Saturday night? The Big Fight? The Fight of the Century no less? Personally, I didn’t; it was very expensive and a man in the pub persuaded me that watching people take punches to the head was morally wrong. But however you feel about the fight itself it’s impossible to deny the thrill of an event that’s captured imaginations worldwide.
The most enjoyable bit of footage I’ve watched has come from the Pacquiao camp, with sponsors Nike following his exhaustive training regime. Like a good Rocky montage Manny runs, jumps, skips, sparrs and executes a mind-blowing number of sit-ups, and still manages to find time to sign autographs for his fans. Sure he lost, but what a dude!
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- Western Fronts is a nature documentary that collapses into itself
- As a response to the world around him, Christopher Anderson photographs the cops of New York City
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!