We are very excited to launch the line-up for August’s Nicer Tuesdays, featuring speakers across the disciplines of photography, illustration, film and experimental art installation. Get tickets now for 29 August at Oval Space, to hear from Random International, Hollie Fernando, Raine Allen Miller and Andrew Rae. The event is now sold out – sign up to the newsletter to be the first to know about future events.
Random International is a world renowned experimental art and technology studio, most famous for its Rain Room installation originally shown at the Barbican. Devraj Joshi, head of technology at the studio, will be joining us to share insights to its fascinating projects, particularly its upcoming +/– Human show at London’s Roundhouse with Wayne McGregor.
Musicians including The Lemon Twigs, Laura Marling and Sampha have been in front of photographer Hollie Fernando’s lens. Her work for Laura Marling’a album cover exemplifies her approach, with its soft lighting, nostalgic tones, dreamy atmosphere and a colour palette inspired by paintings. She’ll be taking us behind the scenes of her recent shoots and how she creates her images.
Andrew Rae is a leading figure in British illustration, as a founder of Peepshow Collective, author of Moonhead and the Music Machine and dozens more books, as well as a client list featuring the Science Museum, Google and The Guardian. Andrew will be joining us to talk about his latest commission for The New York Times, for which Gail Bichler asked him to illustrate “Fear and Loathing in the time of Trump”.
Director and art director Raine Allen Miller’s portfolio spans advertising, music videos and much more, having cut her teeth at some of the biggest agencies in the UK. We introduced her as one of our Ones to Watch 2017 where she told us “I like turning an idea into something visually symbolic, simple and most importantly, be really bloody entertaining.” Join us to learn more about how she does it.
Event Partner: Adobe Stock
Keep your work fresh with Adobe Stock. No matter what project you’re working on, you can always find the perfect asset in the library of over 90 million high-quality images, graphics, videos, templates, and 3D assets plus our Premium and Editorial. Join them at Nicer Tuesdays to see what amazing things you can create with Adobe Stock.
Click here to try Adobe Stock free for one month.
Supported by: Park Communications
As one of London’s most respected printers, Park Communications is known for its care, attention to detail and high quality, which is why Printed Pages is among the titles it produces.
Supported by: Monotype
Monotype provides the design assets, technology and expertise that help create beautiful, authentic and impactful brands that customers will engage with and value, wherever they experience the brand, now and in the future.
Drinks sponsor: Hop House 13
Thanks to Hop House 13 for providing the drinks!
- Beni Bischof’s watercolours are inspired by watching Disney’s Bambi for four weeks
- Designing Bauhaus Now magazine was a conflict of rationality and experimentation
- New Studio's diverse editorial work for The New York Times Magazine
- New York and Chicago in the 1970s and 80s captured by Wayne Sorce
- Ewen Spencer takes us on the emotional rollercoaster of teenage nights out
- Iconic photographer Michael Spencer Jones on cameras, Oasis, and all-nighters
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for