Inspired by the goings-on down on the south coast of France as adland’s finest descended on Cannes for the Lions, we decided it was time for the It’s Nice That podcast to take a look at all things advertising.
We were delighted to be joined by Phil Clandillon, creative partner of Foam and Laura Jordan-Bambach creative director of Dare to discuss intersections between creativity, commercialism and technology. Enjoy!
Download the pod here
In the first section we remembered fondly how Phil’s Dry the River project was the biggest hit on the site last year but from then on it was all about the Cannes Lions (see our round-ups of the Grand Prix winners here, here and here).
Both my guests were pleased to see this Kenny Power video get some credit at the Lions, and its worth enjoying again in all its glory…
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner