Inspired by the goings-on down on the south coast of France as adland’s finest descended on Cannes for the Lions, we decided it was time for the It’s Nice That podcast to take a look at all things advertising.
We were delighted to be joined by Phil Clandillon, creative partner of Foam and Laura Jordan-Bambach creative director of Dare to discuss intersections between creativity, commercialism and technology. Enjoy!
Download the pod here
In the first section we remembered fondly how Phil’s Dry the River project was the biggest hit on the site last year but from then on it was all about the Cannes Lions (see our round-ups of the Grand Prix winners here, here and here).
Both my guests were pleased to see this Kenny Power video get some credit at the Lions, and its worth enjoying again in all its glory…
- Beni Bischof’s watercolours are inspired by watching Disney’s Bambi for four weeks
- Designing Bauhaus Now magazine was a conflict of rationality and experimentation
- New Studio's diverse editorial work for The New York Times Magazine
- New York and Chicago in the 1970s and 80s captured by Wayne Sorce
- Ewen Spencer takes us on the emotional rollercoaster of teenage nights out
- Iconic photographer Michael Spencer Jones on cameras, Oasis, and all-nighters
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for