In case Fridays just weren’t exciting enough, the It’s Nice That podcast comes along all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to add an aural dimension to the end-of-the-week jubilation. So if you’re off out to a discotheque or planning a bracing walk with a dog or significant other then get this on your portable music device and enjoy some top-notch (ahem) art and design chat. Look out for Liv Siddal’s similes going to a whole new level and me asking the longest question IN THE WORLD with more clauses than a Santa flashmob. Enjoy!
Here’s the links you might need:
In our look at some of the stand-out things from the site we discussed this stunning Nous Vous and Studio Weave collaboration in Central Park (Kent not NYC), we looked at Jennie Ottinger’s marvellously grotesque take on the world of tennis and we looked at the difficulties in covering a hard-hitting series like David Chancellor’s breathtaking Hunters.
We kicked off the second section talking all things tablets with Google’s Nexus 10 hailed as the challenger to the iPad. In light of the new apps from Fantastic Man and The Paris Review we looked at how content might changed and what we believe app design could and should do (with reference to the new Rice Gallery app). Then we moved onto to talk about our newest print project The Annual and why we felt the time was ripe for a new publication.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner