To announce the commencement of construction on London’s contentious Garden Bridge Project London-based agency Across the Pond has released a short film directed by Charlie Robins. Shot over four days in the capital the makers say “the film is a journey through every side of this ever changing and thriving community.
Robert Waddilove, agency and strategy director of Across the Pond said: “The role of the film is to generate excitement and support for the project. To do this we wanted to consider the day to day lives of real Londoners in the city. The hustle and bustle, the characters and the variety. All while expressing balance with how the bridge will provide a new place for calm, nature and reflection.”
- Jack Latham uses photography to explore stories untold
- Designer Jay Vaz combines his love of music and analogue art in a colourful and textural portfolio
- Joey Yu and Wilson Oryema create a paperless zine for Earth Day
- Lukas Wassmann turns his lens on the well-groomed animals of the Swiss Alps
- Graphic designer Virgile Flores on custom typefaces and visualising statistics
- Sam Taylor's World Cup gifs portray “the agony and the ecstasy” of the game
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Design to improve the general quality of life: exploring Paul Rand's IBM Graphic Standards Manual
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura