ITV has revealed the idents created by UK students and graduates for its “new talent” takeover month, with five teams of emerging designers and artists behind the short clips. It forms part of the wider ITV Creates series of idents for 2019, which has seen 52 different artists and designers rebrand the ITV logo in a variety of ways, to be filmed by ITV Creative for the channel.
Each ident will be broadcast in between programming for a week, commencing this week with Emily Downing and Olivia Weston, junior creatives at Saatchi & Saatchi and winners of the Good Stuff Media Showcase competition. Their design shows henna drawn across eight pairs of hands, symbolising an offering.
Following that, the idents will feature work by scientist-turned-art student Brandon Saunders from Newcastle University; a group of fine art students from Arts University Bournemouth; Ash Kayser, an MA Graphic Art student from the University of West England; and Erin Taylor from Manchester Metropolitan University.
The roster was curated by Charlie Levine, who says that ITV Creates “is a real snapshot of what is happening in the arts right now” and that it was her priority to make the 52 artists diverse and representative of the UK creative industry.
Levine was tasked with sourcing artists from a diverse range of backgrounds, experience and disciplines for the entire year of idents. For the new talent portion, ITV approached a selection of universities and sent a brief to the four chosen schools. For the fifth ident, ITV presented the brief at the Good Stuff Media Showcase, giving creative agencies the opportunity to pitch.
The brief asked creatives to make or customise the ITV logo in any sculptural way they wished, that could be filmed, inspired by themes such as communication, television, technology, entertainment or togetherness, or even a personal experience or relationship with ITV itself.
- Join It’s Nice That and Adobe XD for an evening of discussion on digital design
- In her latest series, Lauren Harris captures moments of violence and tenderness in the boxing ring
- Bold and borderless, Ji Soo Eom’s designs echo the multiverse
- Max Siedentopf's new series injects some excitement back into the humble passport photo
- Graphic designer David Rindlisbacher disrupts his typography-heavy designs with technology
- Joe Melhuish’s zany creations are populated by “joyful characters with manic, chaotic auras”
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals