Photographer and filmmaker Petra Collins has directed a new music video for Bronx-born rapper Cardi B for 2017-released track Bartier Cardi ahead of the release of Cardi B’s debut album Invasion of Privacy which drops on Friday.
The Hollywood glamour-inspired Bartier Cardi video executed with Collins’ signature soft-focus style features the rapper and a team of female protagonists dressed in fur and dripping with diamonds watching a retro television set, counting money and dancing, while men are subverted to the role of props. 21 Savage is tied up in one scene, and Offset, Cardi B’s fiancé makes a brief cameo in the back of a car.
It is not the first time that Petra has lent her skills to the music industry: last summer, she directed Fetish for Selena Gomez. The 25-year-old photographer also shot Cardi B for the cover of CR Fashion Book earlier this year.
- Alice Zoo documents the real day-to-day lives of performers in a travelling circus
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice