Photographer and filmmaker Petra Collins has directed a new music video for Bronx-born rapper Cardi B for 2017-released track Bartier Cardi ahead of the release of Cardi B’s debut album Invasion of Privacy which drops on Friday.
The Hollywood glamour-inspired Bartier Cardi video executed with Collins’ signature soft-focus style features the rapper and a team of female protagonists dressed in fur and dripping with diamonds watching a retro television set, counting money and dancing, while men are subverted to the role of props. 21 Savage is tied up in one scene, and Offset, Cardi B’s fiancé makes a brief cameo in the back of a car.
It is not the first time that Petra has lent her skills to the music industry: last summer, she directed Fetish for Selena Gomez. The 25-year-old photographer also shot Cardi B for the cover of CR Fashion Book earlier this year.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice