Photographer and filmmaker Petra Collins has directed a new music video for Bronx-born rapper Cardi B for 2017-released track Bartier Cardi ahead of the release of Cardi B’s debut album Invasion of Privacy which drops on Friday.
The Hollywood glamour-inspired Bartier Cardi video executed with Collins’ signature soft-focus style features the rapper and a team of female protagonists dressed in fur and dripping with diamonds watching a retro television set, counting money and dancing, while men are subverted to the role of props. 21 Savage is tied up in one scene, and Offset, Cardi B’s fiancé makes a brief cameo in the back of a car.
It is not the first time that Petra has lent her skills to the music industry: last summer, she directed Fetish for Selena Gomez. The 25-year-old photographer also shot Cardi B for the cover of CR Fashion Book earlier this year.
- Ruud van Empel’s uncanny photographs blend artificiality with naturalism
- Grant James-Thomas shoots twins with a painterly aesthetic for Vogue Italia
- In Stiya, photographer Cole Barash compares a storm and the birth of his first child
- Nano illustrates the different kinds of loneliness that we all feel from time to time
- Jan Hakon Erichsen is a balloon-destroying artist whose work you really shouldn't try at home
- Clarity of concept is at the heart of Seoul-based graphic designer Son Ayong’s posters
- “The future of design is in the creation of tools”: Meet the Space Type Generator
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Lacoste once again swaps its iconic crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Introducing Double Click – our new series rounding up the best of the digital design world
- Typeface Ciao communicates auditive intonations of the spoken word
- Yushi Li on photographing men she met through Tinder