Artist Petra Collins has directed Selena Gomez’ latest video Fetish, a brazenly pared-back, glossy and soft-focus film showing just the singer’s mouth. Relying purely on a single shot, the video’s dreamy allure comes from its details: the twinkle of her earring, the sheen of her lip gloss, the movement of her lips and, occasionally, her manicured fingers. It accompanies the sultry track, which also features trap god Gucci Mane.
Petra recently curated an evening at New York’s MoMA, exploring the representation of the female body in contemporary and historical culture, including music. The filmmaker and photographer also previously shot Selena’s Bad Liar artwork, showing the singer lying on a bed wearing a hospital bracelet, as well as for Wonderland’s 10th anniversary cover in 2015.
She’s also directed videos for Carly Rae Jepsen and Lil Yachty, plus fashion films for Gucci Eyewear and Nordstrom. One of Petra’s earlier photo series, for which she became known for, is The Teenage Gaze, a personal project depicting the realities of youth.
- Stephen Tayo's photographs "create a visual narrative" of everyday encounters
- Photographer Daniel Weiss tells the story of the New York he grew up with
- Córdova Canillas seamlessly designs a multi-format furniture catalogue with seven photographers
- The year of the gif: Studio Feixen’s multitude of moving posters
- Veronika Minder's book, Art Décor, explores the life of bon viveur Bob Steffen (NSFW)
- Mainstudio's publications merge conceptual art, architecture and graphic design
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio
- Adidas releases trainers that are also public transport tickets
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Practical portfolio advice, from choosing a specialism to solving real problems
- Meet Monkey Type, an international collective bananas about fonts
- The Papier Machine collection of DIY electronic paper toys reinvents the activity book