Boys is a project that explores masculinity and boyhood, shot entirely on Super 8. Matheson will be showing an exclusive first screening of the short documentary, of the same name. The portraits of boys aim to show beauty in what she calls “people who don’t realise how special and interesting they are and faces that tell a story”.
Speaking on the project she tells us, “I’ve been shooting Boys since late 2015 and I’m so excited to now have the chance to showcase my work physically and in person at my first solo exhibition thanks to the brilliant Creative Debuts. The exhibition will feature images from the project from 2015 up until photos shot only a few weeks ago. It will also be the first chance to see the official first screening of Boys – the documentary”.
The event takes place on the 27 July at the Black and White building 7-11pm.
- Francesca Allen on using photography as a means of self-expression
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Joey Yu and Olimpia Zagnoli
- Ram Han’s work continues to rekindle images of childhood nostalgia
- Sophy Hollington on learning to be creatively fulfilled while earning a living in 2018
- Same Paper and KangHee Kim's latest book is a golden journey from dawn to dusk
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pantone's Colour of the Year 2019 has been announced and it's... Living Coral!
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Shun Ishizuka's designs combine Western design influences for a Japanese context