Boys is a project that explores masculinity and boyhood, shot entirely on Super 8. Matheson will be showing an exclusive first screening of the short documentary, of the same name. The portraits of boys aim to show beauty in what she calls “people who don’t realise how special and interesting they are and faces that tell a story”.
Speaking on the project she tells us, “I’ve been shooting Boys since late 2015 and I’m so excited to now have the chance to showcase my work physically and in person at my first solo exhibition thanks to the brilliant Creative Debuts. The exhibition will feature images from the project from 2015 up until photos shot only a few weeks ago. It will also be the first chance to see the official first screening of Boys – the documentary”.
The event takes place on the 27 July at the Black and White building 7-11pm.
- "A bizarre mix of playfulness and seriousness": photographer Daniel Stier's Bookshelf
- Robert Rubbish on how he tells anecdotal stories of Soho using illustration
- Emotional States: why the theme for 2018's London Design Biennale is more important than ever
- Kim Gehrig's latest commercial for Covergirl combines comic chemistry with cosmetic commentary
- Watch Nicos Livesey explain how he made his embroidered BBC World Cup spot
- Photographer Niall McDiarmid travels from town to town to capture the essence of Britain
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- The International Science Council gets a new brand identity