The final V&A Village Fete (as far as we know) was a huge success at the weekend and we enjoyed a fantastic couple of days in the stunning John Madejski Gardens.
Celebrating the tenth anniversary of the Village Fete with the best up and coming British designers, It’s Nice That’s stall Pork Snatchings essentially saw people try and “save as much money as they could in 45 seconds”, a variety of techniques were adopted and ultimately the smash and grab, ultra concentrated approach paid dividend. Felix walked away champion with the very last attempt of the weekend weighing in with a whopping 4lbs 3 oz.
- Graphic designer Anne Büttner is drawn towards all-things bold, clashing and experimental
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!