A team of four creative agencies has worked together with an in-house design team to rebrand The Scouts, adopting a tagline of “Skills for Life”.
Design agency NotOnSunday led the visual identity redesign, collaborating with The Scouts creative team to develop the brand guidelines including a new logotype and colour palette. The logo aims to “reflect a more relevant image of Scouting” explains NotOnSunday creative director Trevor Townsend, with a brand that is “fun and exciting while retaining strong links to its heritage”. This includes retaining the organisation’s fleur-de-lis emblem, which has been simplified to a line illustration to appear “more contemporary”, and to be more usable in print, fabric and digital.
NotOnSunday also developed a series of adaptable brand templates for the members of Scouts branches to apply. “The new brand aims to better communicate the character, employability and practical skills young people gain,” continues Trevor. “This will help raise public understanding and awareness of Scouting’s impact on members and their local communities. It also conveys belonging as the brand’s key emotional effect – with every member feeling a valued part of the UK’s largest youth movement.”
The Scouts also worked with 3angrymen on the brand film, Young on a strategy film animation (below), and FreshBritain on brand analysis. Kevin Yeates, head of creative at The Scouts, says: “The ambition of the Scouts rebrand is summed up in our new brand guidelines –problem solvers and team players. We assembled a unique bunch of creatives, supported by volunteers and staff to reshape our brand to better reflect our values and belief in preparing young people with the skills they need to succeed in life.”
- Luis Alberto Rodriguez photographs use contorted and twisted limbs to express emotion
- Season Zine's Felicia Pennant on how the publication puts female football fans first
- Record label Melody as Truth is carving out a woozy, spacey audio-visual niche
- “Create a flag that represents your own Island” – The amazing entries from the #MyIslandFlag Insta brief
- We ask Nadine Redlich, Wieden+Kennedy and more to visualise their highlights of the World Cup
- Friday Mixtape: Caterina Bianchini's mix to listen to "In your pants! On the bus! Walking! Running!"
- Photographer Jack Johnstone's dreamy images are so soft they're almost otherworldly
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Penguin unveils striking series of redesigned Jack Kerouac books
- Veteran designer Sir Kenneth Grange has reconfigured the pint glass
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist