Nadia Lee Cohen has shot designer Zizi Donohoe’s latest campaign, which features a family of characters in a luxury hotel eating champagne brunches and playing poker for expensive-looking gold watches.
The campaign maintains Zizi Donohoe’s predilection for old Hollywood-style glamour; the designer’s sustainably sourced mink slippers have taken the Instagram world by storm. Nadia Lee Cohen has injected the campaign — which promotes a new range of monogrammed silk pyjamas, robes and sleep masks — with her signature cinematic style. Her photographs feature soapy feet in luxe fur slippers surrounded by champagne, gold lighters and pearl earrings while an overview shot of a breakfast table includes manicured hands, diamond jewellery and crystal glasses.
Nadia Lee Cohen and Zizi Donohoe have collaborated on a number of seasonal campaigns. “I’ll come up with an idea and quickly sketch it. Then we’ll chat about it over tea (champagne if we aren’t driving) and develop the concept together. From there, I’ll draw up a more detailed, colourful version that acts as a plan for our set team,” Zizi explains. “Nadia is so talented, incredibly particular and understands exactly what I’m aiming to convey.”
The campaign also contains a number of fictitious, branded products designed and illustrated by Zizi Donohoe. These include champagne, caviar, The Zizi Donohoe Times, cigarettes, face cream and doggy caviar.
- "A cover should mark what a magazine believes in": Riposte launch their tenth issue
- Arabella Simpson’s colourful drawings fit together like a distorted Tetris game
- Friday Mixtape: the songs stuck in Jordy van den Nieuwendijk's head
- Landfill Editions show us a bunch of its brilliant new illustration titles
- Strip clubs and bordellos: Tal R’s hypnotic paintings of sex shops from around the world
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts