Nadia Lee Cohen has shot designer Zizi Donohoe’s latest campaign, which features a family of characters in a luxury hotel eating champagne brunches and playing poker for expensive-looking gold watches.
The campaign maintains Zizi Donohoe’s predilection for old Hollywood-style glamour; the designer’s sustainably sourced mink slippers have taken the Instagram world by storm. Nadia Lee Cohen has injected the campaign — which promotes a new range of monogrammed silk pyjamas, robes and sleep masks — with her signature cinematic style. Her photographs feature soapy feet in luxe fur slippers surrounded by champagne, gold lighters and pearl earrings while an overview shot of a breakfast table includes manicured hands, diamond jewellery and crystal glasses.
Nadia Lee Cohen and Zizi Donohoe have collaborated on a number of seasonal campaigns. “I’ll come up with an idea and quickly sketch it. Then we’ll chat about it over tea (champagne if we aren’t driving) and develop the concept together. From there, I’ll draw up a more detailed, colourful version that acts as a plan for our set team,” Zizi explains. “Nadia is so talented, incredibly particular and understands exactly what I’m aiming to convey.”
The campaign also contains a number of fictitious, branded products designed and illustrated by Zizi Donohoe. These include champagne, caviar, The Zizi Donohoe Times, cigarettes, face cream and doggy caviar.
- Food for thought on the day the Global Climate Strike begins
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!