Nadia Lee Cohen has shot designer Zizi Donohoe’s latest campaign, which features a family of characters in a luxury hotel eating champagne brunches and playing poker for expensive-looking gold watches.
The campaign maintains Zizi Donohoe’s predilection for old Hollywood-style glamour; the designer’s sustainably sourced mink slippers have taken the Instagram world by storm. Nadia Lee Cohen has injected the campaign — which promotes a new range of monogrammed silk pyjamas, robes and sleep masks — with her signature cinematic style. Her photographs feature soapy feet in luxe fur slippers surrounded by champagne, gold lighters and pearl earrings while an overview shot of a breakfast table includes manicured hands, diamond jewellery and crystal glasses.
Nadia Lee Cohen and Zizi Donohoe have collaborated on a number of seasonal campaigns. “I’ll come up with an idea and quickly sketch it. Then we’ll chat about it over tea (champagne if we aren’t driving) and develop the concept together. From there, I’ll draw up a more detailed, colourful version that acts as a plan for our set team,” Zizi explains. “Nadia is so talented, incredibly particular and understands exactly what I’m aiming to convey.”
The campaign also contains a number of fictitious, branded products designed and illustrated by Zizi Donohoe. These include champagne, caviar, The Zizi Donohoe Times, cigarettes, face cream and doggy caviar.
- How Netflix's Klaus is bringing hand drawn 2D animation back to the big screen this Christmas
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"