Nadia Lee Cohen has shot designer Zizi Donohoe’s latest campaign, which features a family of characters in a luxury hotel eating champagne brunches and playing poker for expensive-looking gold watches.
The campaign maintains Zizi Donohoe’s predilection for old Hollywood-style glamour; the designer’s sustainably sourced mink slippers have taken the Instagram world by storm. Nadia Lee Cohen has injected the campaign — which promotes a new range of monogrammed silk pyjamas, robes and sleep masks — with her signature cinematic style. Her photographs feature soapy feet in luxe fur slippers surrounded by champagne, gold lighters and pearl earrings while an overview shot of a breakfast table includes manicured hands, diamond jewellery and crystal glasses.
Nadia Lee Cohen and Zizi Donohoe have collaborated on a number of seasonal campaigns. “I’ll come up with an idea and quickly sketch it. Then we’ll chat about it over tea (champagne if we aren’t driving) and develop the concept together. From there, I’ll draw up a more detailed, colourful version that acts as a plan for our set team,” Zizi explains. “Nadia is so talented, incredibly particular and understands exactly what I’m aiming to convey.”
The campaign also contains a number of fictitious, branded products designed and illustrated by Zizi Donohoe. These include champagne, caviar, The Zizi Donohoe Times, cigarettes, face cream and doggy caviar.
- Why should you apply to The Graduates 2019? Three grads tell us how it helped their career
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durant aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!